Air vent bonding

Well, this barely even qualifies as a work session, but hey, I did do stuff. I picked up some more epoxy on the way home today – this turned out to be helpful after all. The JB Weld I was going to use originally would have been dark gray, but I was able to get some clear stuff. This way, if there’s any excess that squeezes out, it won’t be obvious and ugly.

Anyway, back home, I cleaned the surfaces one last time, mixed up some epoxy, applied it to the perimeter of the vent, and stuck it in place:

IMG 6838

Then I weighted it down with – what else – a jug full of clecos:

IMG 6840

Aaaand that’s it. Tomorrow I figure I’ll apply the firewall sealant to the forward side skins and cleco them in place. Then it really and truly will be some for some riveting.

Posted in Fuselage. Bookmark the permalink. Hours Logged: .5