Match drilling

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. I did all the match drilling on the forward upper skin this morning, which is basically all the work to be done here. The only other thing remaining to fitting two ribs that go between the roll bar and the aft edges of the forward upper skin. I poked at those a little this morning before moving on to household stuff, and I think I want to go read some other people’s description of these because I’m kinda not super happy with the instructions. These ribs aren’t predrilled at all, so you have to manually align them with both the roll bar and the skin, which seems to leave a whole lot of room for variance…hopefully some other builders can shed some light on this.

So yeah, that’s about it for now. I did go ahead and cleco the aft upper skin in place today too, just as part of getting ready for the trial canopy fit I want to do once the finish kit comes in. We’ll see how that goes in a few days…

Posted in Fuselage. Bookmark the permalink. Hours Logged: 1