Controller cutout completed

Back to work on this cutout tonight. There’s not really a ton to report on, I just spent a whole lot of time carefully and gradually removing more and more material on those corner tab areas, while continually trying to fit the controller through the hole. Pretty tedious work overall, but that tedium was rewarded with a nice tidy cutout.

Spotting the mount screw holes turned out to not be as bad as I thought. By disassembling the controller’s face from the mount box, I could use the holes through the face to start the screw holes. I was a bit peeved when I realized there weren’t mounting screws included with the CPI2 (at least not that I could find), but it turned out the Torx screws I ordered to use with some of the Dynon stuff worked perfectly for this spot as well.

This should all look really nice once the panel’s painted at some unknown future date:

So now I guess it’s time to lay out and drill the assorted switch mount holes on these wings, and then I’ll be able to start hanging this stuff in the fuselage again.

Posted in Avionics, Fuselage, Panel. Bookmark the permalink. Hours Logged: 2