More switch console work

Since my Digit-Key order came in this week, and with those two network cables done, today I was able to get back to work on the switch console. It was a bit of a late start though, since there was an EAA fly-in across the runway that I spent most of the day at.

I got the terminals crimped on the remaining wires, got them in place, and commenced to bundling everything together temporarily so I could figure out the Molex plug locations and get all the wires trimmed. I got the terminals crimped on all the wires, and even got the high-current ones finished and pinned into their connector, but before I could do the same for the low-current wires, the mosquitos drove me inside. Between it being dusk and me having the hangar lights on, it was turning into a bloodbath. I guess I need to go spray out there or something.

Anyway, at some point during the work session, Josie came out and I commented along the lines of “see, it’s looking less like a rat’s nest,” to which she replied with a skeptical look. I guess I can see where she’s coming from; it looks better to me, but certainly still far from organized:

Tomorrow I ought to be able to get everything into the connectors, and then with some cable lacing this ought to morph into something that actually looks organized.

Posted in Electrical, Fuselage. Bookmark the permalink. Hours Logged: 2.5