Tonight I clecoed all the aileron stiffeners in place on their skins and match drilled:
Then I deburred the holes and dimpled the stiffeners:
I wasn’t quite ready to quit, so I found a small stupid job to take up a little more time. There are four aileron spar reinforcement plates to be made. There are four .040” alclad pieces already cut to size, they just need the corners rounded and the edges cleaned up:
A little work on the bench grinder and they’re looking good:
Tomorrow I think we really will get some riveting done. I’ll probably also make a Home Depot run this weekend to get materials for the wing cradle and also to make a bending brake for the ailerons and flaps. I built one before for the tail control surfaces, but apparently I left it in Atlanta. No big deal, it’s just some 2×6 lumber and door hinges.